To find your dream clients on social media is easy yet a challenging process but it will be all worth it when you know how to properly do engage with them.
On this episode #2 of #CountdownToZilch, our social media series all about planning your strategy for 2016, we’re going to be talking all about finding your dream clients on social media.
I’m going to be giving you strategies you can use on 4 different social networks and we might even throw in a bonus one. As you can imagine, there are different strategies for different social networks so we are going to be covering quite of few of those.
YOUR DREAM CLIENTS ON SOCIAL MEDIA. GETTING INTO THE STRATEGY
#1. Get to know your dream client.
Let’s talk about that for a second. Your dream client in social media is someone who benefits the most
And by getting to know them, I mean get obsessed with it, yo! You need to get in their heads and learn as much as you possibly can if you want to find more of your dream clients on social media.
If you’ve been in business for a while, chances are you know exactly who this person is – but if you’re just starting out or you haven’t worked with clients or customers, don’t worry. You can always find prospects and ask them where they hang out online.
#2: Figure out where they are active on social media.
Facebook & Twitter are currently the largest social networks, so chances are you can find your dream cleints on social media in one of those platforms. However, I don’t want you to make any assumptions.
Think about it, just because you have a Facebook profile it doesn’t mean that you check it every day. Maybe you prefer checking Instagram or hanging out on Periscope. The same applies to your dreamies (dream clients).
So be sure to ask your current clients or prospects where they hang out online and do your research.
#3: Put your detective hat on and check out your competitors.
Doing so can give you clues as to where your dream clients hang out online. Keep an eye on where they are active on social media + check out whether or not they are growing their fan bases and thriving on those networks.
#4: Look into partnering with someone who services your audience but is not a competitor.
Using what I like to call, aligned audiences is a fantastic strategy. This is someone who is already established and has an audience who can benefit from your products, programs and services as well.
For Ex. If you are a fitness instructor or coach, you can look for other nutritionists who’s audience is the perfect fit for you but also a great way to add value.
LET’S GET SPECIFIC ON EACH PLATFORM
- Use Audience Insights
- Use your search bar to look for keywords and groups
- Use the advanced search and do a keyword or hashtag search.
- You can also add a filter with a geo tag if have a local business.
- Track hashtags that your clients might be using. Think about events they might be attending!
- Take a look at what type of content people are pinning from your website. You can do so by using www.pinterest/source/yourwebsite.
- Start commenting on pins! Not many people do this so make sure to use this strategy to stand out.
- Use hashtags to track events. This is where it’s at! Start with trade shows.
- Use their advanced search functionality to find your perfect client. This works best for B2B businesses.
Your Fun Work
- Get to work! I want you to reach out to your clients and ask them where they hang out online.
- Next, pick one network and do some research using the strategies I outlined (or be awesome and outsource/delegate it!).
Don’t forget to sign up for the Countdown To Zilch VIP List to lock in your bonus material + get access to all of the videos in this series as they are released!